About a week ago I am dropping off Sohaila at Preschool when one of the staff members calls out, "Mr. Whittaker!!!" I got that wierd sensation I was in trouble. Well I was. Kind of.
– "Hello Mr. Whittaker. Aren’t you the choir director at your church?"
– "Uh. No."
– "But I was told by another mother you were?"
– "Which mother?"
– "Well thats not important. You are the choir director, correct?"
At this point I could’nt hide it anymore. I knew where she was going. I was done. Cooked. Toast…
– "Um. OK. Yea. I mean kind of. I do the singing thing if thats what your asking."
– "GREAT!!! Than you will be willing to lead the singing at the childrens Christmas performance next week, right?"
– "Um. Well. Sure. OK."
So in just 1 hour. I will be delivering the performance of a lifetime. Sohaila is by far the most beautiful girl on the stage. Looks like the Whittaker’s will steal the show yet again. Father, daughter. Look out Judds.
You’ve got some competition.