So I am about to embark on Beth Moore’s Breaking Free study with my wife. Instead of paying 3 dollars on Amazon I needed my instant gratification so I cruised down to our local “Christian Book Store” (see I’m learning…no names) to pick up a copy of the study.
I almost forgot what that experience felt like.
I had not walked into “the store” in over a year.
I immediately felt a myriad of emotions flow over me.
These strange emotions were followed by a bunch of questions.
- Why do all “Christian” Book Stores smell different than “Secular” book stores?
- Why must all Christian book stores use baby blue as their primary color of choice?
- Do churches still use puppets?
- Why is there more “Christian ART” in the stores than books?
- Do people actually buy those 500 dollar pictures of Jesus holding the dude with a needle?
- Don’t the people who work there need to act happy to be there? They do at Borders.
- Why do they sell Precious Moments figurines but not Relevant Magazine?
- Why do Christian book stores all have those walls with lines in them? Filled with baby blue?
- What happens if the guy misspells your name on your bible?
- The smell? What is that smell?
Just my head.