Welcome lazy people. I welcome you with open arms because I, am you.
I am lazy.
I like to eat Cheetos.
I like to watch The Biggest Loser while eating 2 bowls of Captain Crunch.
I like to stay up WAY TO LATE watching solider homecoming videos on YouTube and then hit snooze 732 times when I’m supposed to wake up.
Are you feeling me yet? Good.
You see 8 months ago I LOVED all these things. And today, 8 months later, I still love these things.
And I still do them.
But something is different now.
That lazy guy, who is still a part of me, has been joined by a new guy.
A healthier guy.
A smarter guy.
A [according to his wife] “hotter” guy.
I mean she will always to a double take when Beckham comes on the tube but who can blame her?
I do a double take too.
It’s almost like I’ve developed the most healthy version of a split personality you can have.
Because there are days I let the lazy guy out and I spoon with him all day.
But most days the other guy shows up and I’ve got to admit, makes the lazy guy not wanna be lazy anymore.
8 months ago, on a Tuesday morning, I stepped on something I had not stepped on in a long time.
Why would I do that to myself?
Because I felt my jeans getting tighter, my depression getting worse, and my life going into cruise control.
An amazing cruise control I may add.
But I felt life could become an existence as opposed to an adventure.
And it was because of my health.
Until I was 21 years old, I weighed about 155 lbs and was VERY athletic.
And then I started to put on what my wife likes to call, my “Man Body”.
I crept up to 235 lbs until I tried Weight Watchers and lost almost 45 lbs.
And then it didn’t.
I started gaining it back and I found myself going from 190 back to 206.
This was the day I stepped back on the scale, in my tiny condo in Nashville TN, and I knew that something had to change.
Because in 3 months I was turning 40.
And, well, you may as well call the nursing home at the rate I was going.
I knew I needed to do something, I just didn’t know what.
Well now I do know what.
And I’m going to share that what with you.
In this email challenge we are going to cover all the things that I have learned will work for a NORMAL person to take back control of their body and talk about a few simple things that I think will help it “click” for you. Like it clicked for me.
What can you expect?
1. You will learn to discover the “Y” in your “lazY” journey.
2. You will learn goal setting THAT WORKS for procrastinators.
3. You will learn my 5 things EVERY LAZY PERSON needs to implement into ANY fitness program they use.
4. You will learn how to stop dieting and start eating healthy WITHOUT GOING CRAZY.
5. You will learn from a weekly email covering diet, exercise, and mindset to get #FitByFourth.
What you WILL NOT LEARN.
1. You won’t learn how to do a burpee.
2. You won’t learn what the fatty acid level is in your slice of salmon.
3. You won’t learn from a nutritionist or health nut, as I am neither.
4. You won’t learn that I’m trying to sell you on some network marketing fitness/nutrition program.
5. You won’t learn TaeBo.
I’m not a pro. I’m you.
There are pros out there who we NEED in our lives.
I’m not one.
I AM on the other hand a guy who has tried ALL the fads and has finally figured it out when he stopped trying them.
Let’s do this.